Karen at Just Twiddlin...Random Thoughts tagged me with a survey, and I thought I'd play along.
1) Did you pick your blog name for any special reason? My friend NancyZ from my quilt group once said the backs of my quilt tops were neat and tidy. I threw together a blog one morning before I went to work, and was stumped to think of a name. We must have met for quilt group the night before, and I could only think of what Nancy had to say!
2) How long have you been blogging and why did you start blogging? I started blogging after my cousin Audrey started reading blogs. She shared the addresses of some of her favorites, and I was hooked. Then as we talked more and more about the characters we were reading about, I decided to try to write one so that my daughters and their kids could read my stories and also to document the quilts, the recipes, and stitching I did. This was in 2007
3. What's your favorite dessert? That's a tough one! I love anything with cherries, so I'd say homemade cherry pie. But then cookies are always nice. And then there's ice cream. I have inherited my dad's sweet tooth.
4) Coffee or Tea? Coffee for sure in the morning. I like it dark with a touch of sugar and a bit of creamer. I have been drinking herb tea lately and my favorites are Tazo Wild Sweet Orange and Good Earth's Sweet and Spicy.
5) What's one thing on your bucket list? I was just emailing with a friend a few months ago about things on our bucket lists. The most outlandish thing on my list is a trip to Ireland someday. I said that after 25 years of service to the company I work for, I would get a one-time gift of 5 weeks additional vacation to be taken at one time. I mentioned that I would like to go to Ireland during some of that vacation. A couple of weeks ago, the company I work for was sold. I have an idea that one-time gift is now history, but the idea of Ireland will stay with me for a while.
6) Your last wonderful book you read? I read so many books that it's hard to say which one is the last wonderful. So I'll tell you that right now I'm reading Prayers for Sale by Sandra Dallas, The Litigators by John Grisham, and I'm reading through the New Testament trying to find a Scripture that was quoted Easter Sunday at Karen's church.
7) Do you have time for your nails?? I do not take time for my nails. I don't even think to put on gardening gloves or hand lotion half the time. I love to see the gals at work with their gorgeous nails, but I couldn't be bothered to fuss like that.
So I'm supposed to tag five bloggers at this point, but I think I'll let you decide if you want to include this on your blog. If you do, let me know because I'd love to learn more about you.