Followers

Sunday, September 11, 2011

9-11

He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will abide in the shadow of the Almighty. I will say to the Lord, "My refuge and my fortress, my God in Whom I trust."

For it is He who delivers you from the snare of the trapper and from the deadly pestilence. He will cover you with His pinions, and under His wings you may seek refuge. His faithfulness is a shield and bulwark.

You will not be afraid of the terror by night or of the arrow that flies by day, of the pestilence that stalks in darkness, or of the destruction that lays waste at noon. A thousand my fall at your side and ten thousand at your right hand. But it shall not approach you. You will only look on with your eyes and see the recompense of the wicked. For you have made the Lord, my refuge, even the Most High, your dwelling place. No evil will befall you nor will any plague come near your tent.

For He will give His angels charge concerning you - to guard you in all your ways. They will bear you up in their hands lest you strike your foot against a stone. Psalm 91:1-11

4 comments:

Pokey said...

Excellent! We read this passage for the comfort of 9/11 at our home. Peace to you ~
:-}pokey

Kathy Ellen said...

This is a beautiful tribute to those whose lives were sacrificed on September 11, 2011, and gives such hope and inspiration. Thank you so much for this wonderful piece

Blessings!

Barb said...

Amen! Beautiful passage, gives great comfort! Thank you Mary! Blessings to you my friend, ((hugs)) also!

Anonymous said...

Hey, Mary! Repaying your visit and finding wonderful, comforting Words of Life! How refreshing! Isn't God good?! You asked, and I gave you a good dose of my opinion, so check it out. :) Going back to some other posts you wrote to see what's up. Take care, my friend!