Followers

Friday, May 14, 2010

Bring on the weekend!


My husband has left for a guy weekend. He and his brothers are in Dover, Delaware, for the car race. Nothing like announcing to the world that I'm home alone! I almost feel like running through the house with my arms in the air screaming my head off. Don't get me wrong; we enjoy each other's company, and by Monday I will be glad to have him back.

But I have a lot of sewing I want to accomplish. And then there is the wall in the living room that I want to paint barn red. After my wallpaper strip project that resulted in our having to dry wall a room, he's not keen on my home improvement projects. So I waited until he was out of Dodge before I went to buy my paint. I hope it turns out as cute as the picture I saw in Country Sampler (photo not available).

And great news! My husband won a Sony camera, so I have a new toy to play with. If the wall turns out as great as I hope, I can post a picture.

And more great news - my Canadian daughter Mandy and her husband Shane are going to be parents! This little one is due the first part of December, and we are thinking of taking the train the day after Christmas to meet him/her.

So much fun is going lately, and I do appreciate it. Thank you for the kind emails after my Mother's Day rant. It is always a difficult day, but there are many more good days in my life than bad. Weeping may last for the night, but a shout of joy comes in the morning.

7 comments:

At Home With Amy said...

Congrats on the baby news Mary. I so can't wait until I'm a grammy someday. Wishing your hubby a safe and fun trip. I hope you accomplish everything you need to get done this weekend.
Thinking of you,
AMY

Sewn With Grace said...

I know how you feel about having the house to yourself. My husband is working four night shifts this week and I stayed up till 2:00am stitching this morning. Can't wait to see pics of the newly painted wall! Congratulations on the baby news, how wonderful!

Angie's Corner said...

YAY!! Congratulations to Mandy and Shane<3 I just love babies!! Enjoy your alone time and Congrats to the Grammy to be! Miss you:o(

Angie

Farming On Faith said...

Thank you for your sweet words today.
I am so excited about the new baby!
Hope you have a wonderful weekend~

Barb said...

Have fun and get lots done! I know your hubby will be enjoying, and you need to do the same! Strange I enjoy my alone time, but still find myself bouncing from project to project and tossing in the laundry, and watching the clock for when my hubby will return home! Congratulations to Mandy and Shane, I know they will be wonderful parents! Blessings your way Mary!

Anonymous said...

When I first sped-read the post, I was thinking that you said that he ran off with a guy. Whew... Normally, when I'm home alone, I'll just run around naked or in my granny panties and sports bra. I feel so free and just dare anybody to knock. Just tellin'. Wow! A grandbaby! How fun! I'd like to see a picture (from that new camera) of you running around waving your arms. :)

Angie Berry ~ Berry Homespun Primitives said...

Oooohhh... barn red? I can not wait to see that!! I'm getting ready to paint that in my dining room. Hopefully real soon!

Congrats on the new camera! You will have lots of fun with that. Hopefully we will see some living room pics soon. =]