Followers

Sunday, February 23, 2014





I made bibs for my grandsons Eli and Masen; here's the link.  They were quick and easy.  Working with bright and funky fabrics is out of the norm for me, but I loved it and want to start buying more fun-looking prints to make things for my grandkids.
 
This one of two Swoon quilts I was asked to make for Christmas gifts.  Talk about funky fabrics out of the norm!  This one was a real stretch for me, but I was so excited about each block that I could hardly wait to start the next one.  The other Swoon quilt was simply black and red fabrics with a white background.  I'm sorry I didn't get a picture of that one because it was very striking. 
 
 
 
 
 
I haven't been sewing much - still knitting like a woman possessed.  The local quilt group I belong to donated several hats and mittens plus $500 for underwear and other essentials to the local school district to help children in need.  With all the dibs and dabs of yarn that I have left from Christmas projects, I'm knitting hats for next year's donation. 
 
My job is going really well.  I'm working now for a CPA firm in Erie.  There are lots of young people in this office, and the energy in this office is upbeat and fun.  We are picking up the pace since it is tax season, and I'm working on Saturdays now.  We work like mad during the day now; soon we will be working through lunches and into the evenings, but it's a temporary craziness. 
 
And my new grandson has arrived - Colt Benjamin!  He was born in January in Canada, and I have yet to hold him.  The pictures and video I've received are just so sweet; I am looking forward to spending time with him and his family.  The count for grandchildren is now up to seven - three girls and four boys.  My daughters and their families and I are trying to get together once a month for a dinner and to spend time together.  I really look forward to this.
 
And I've been spending time with someone very special.  Sometimes I just shake my head and wonder why God is so very generous and good to me.  I am so thankful for the turns in my life even though I don't understand the whys and how comes.
 

8 comments:

Elizabethd said...

How lovely to hear your good news...all of it! So pleased that the baby arrived safely.

WordsPoeticallyWorth said...

Good luck to you and your endeavours.

Thank you. Love love, Andrew. Bye.

Gumbo Lily said...

LOVE the fabrics in the quilt and the bibs are really fun!

CONGRATS on the new grandson. What a handsome name.

I'm glad your job is going so well and that your life is feeling right.

Melanie said...

Tons of good stuff in this post. I LOVE that baby name. Grandkids must be wonderful. Can't wait for my turn. The fabric choices for your swoon quilt are excellent. Reminds me of the ice cream counter when I was a kid;)

Donna said...

Congrats on the new grandbaby!! You have a full house when you are all together. Sounds like so much fun!
The bibs are adorable and the quilt is lovely!
Your job sounds like a good one and I know you will be busy the next couple of months for sure.
I'm so glad things are going so well for you! Happy for you!!!
Hugs,
Donna

Linda Shields said...

Gorgeous quilt! Darling bibs! Thanks for the comment on my blog. I love yours!

Farmhouse prims said...

Congratulations on your grandson. Love the little bibs, and your quilt is amazing, I admire your awesome talent.
Lecia

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

I so admire your talent! The new bibs are so cheery! Congratulations on your new grandbaby! Hope you get to see him soon!