Followers

Saturday, June 16, 2012

The Class of 2024 graduated yesterday - from kindergarten.  There are 45 precious children in Natalie's class - several of which are Amish students, so it's likely they will not be present when this class graduates as seniors.  I love that she is in a school that has such small classes.



Their program was a series of songs and one-line speeches that took us through a typical school day.  Everyone did a great job.

At the end of the ceremony, all the students walked from the stage to the floor and sat in a row to watch a PowerPoint presentation of pictures of their activities throughout the year.  Natalie's teacher snuggled up to her; she has got to be one of the best and most loving elementary teachers I know.

Julie sat next to me; and during the PowerPoint, I could hear her sniffing.  As moms, haven't we all been a little emotional when we see our children grow?  I leaned over to her and whispered 'next thing you know, she'll be married with two kids of her own and one more on the way.'


8 comments:

Melanie said...

Note to self----Never forget these are the good times...

Nancy said...

oh my I'm all teary

Anneke said...

great pictures and lovely to read for foreigners like me...

Siobhán said...

Awww, how cute! Congratulations to your granddaughter--and her mom, too. My daughter just got (great) results on her final set of undergrad college exams. My DH & I were talking about it this afternoon, and I looked up to see a photo of the two of them that I took on Deirdre's kindergarten graduation day. Time goes waaay too fast!

Anonymous said...

Yes, it seems like we just finish graduating our children, and the little ones begin. Time is passing so fast, Mary.
I'm trying to catch up on my favs! Life just eats up time, you know. That's a good thing; better than the alternative! :)

Donna said...

Adorable! They will be grown before you know it :)
HUGS,
Donna

Karen Sue said...

She has such a great smile - Nat & Heather, too!
I am getting ready for my third senior year and I get teary for a whole year! You'd think it would get easier, but it doesn't.

Kathryn D. Duke said...

tears are good...