Followers

Saturday, February 4, 2012

What a great way to start my day. Lorrie at Cute as Pie Cottage sent me an email that I won a charm pack she was giving away. Moda, of course, and it's Little Apples from Aneela Hoey. Angela at Fussy Cut got me interested in Aneela's fabrics; this is the first I've owned of her work. Now I'll have to check my Schnibbles book and see what I can come up with to us this line. Thanks again, Lorrie, for the win and for feeding my habit!

So what's on tap for the weekend? Sewing, of course, but only after the usual Saturday chores. I hope to finish up my flag and start Full House. The Fat Quarter shop has absolutely the best delivery and friendly phone staff.

We're having family over tomorrow for the game. I'll be stitching with Audrey and Melissa in the afternoon. I saw Pioneer Woman make Knock-You-Naked brownies on the Food Network last Saturday, and it'll be on our food table tomorrow. The name is hilarious; it's usually a catchy name that'll call interest to a recipe, but these ingredients will clinch it for sure - German chocolate cake mix, chopped pecans, caramels, and chocolate chips. Not for the faint in heart or dieters.

And Ree put this comment on the bottom of the recipe on Food Network. "Make them for someone you really, really love...or someone you want to love you back." Now isn't that a great idea?!

3 comments:

Siobhán said...

I love PW's recipes, even if my husband insists on calling her Prairie Dog Woman. LOL--he's terrible at remembering names.

Congratulations on your win! I just got my first charm pack of Aneela's fabrics, too--also from the FQS! I am not sure what I want to do with it yet--good idea to consult the Schnibbles book!

Have a great weekend, Mary!

Audrey said...

Congratulations on your win! It looks like really fun fabric!

Lorri said...

I have made those brownies several times! It will knock you right out of your current size of jeans!! Enjoy the charm pack and be sure to send me a picture of what you make!