Followers

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Hop to it!

One of the best things about blogging is finding kindred spirits, and I've made some great friends while blogging. Last Saturday Angela from Fussy Cut, my daughters Jenny and Julie, and my friend Marla got together at my house to sew. Our plan is to stitch together once a month. I would have never met Angela without the blog world, and I don't want to think about what I've missed. I met Karen at Christmastime when we were at Julie and Travis' church for Natalie's Christmas program; she's as warm and friendly as her blog and her emails.

Two blog buddies I've connected with through email but that I haven't met are Sue and Melanie. Their blogs were a couple of the first I started to read and follow, and we've been email friends almost from the start. Sue and Mel came up with a quilt project and asked me to join them. Each of us are going to make the From My Garden Album Quilt from Edyta Sitar's book Hop To It. Our inspiration is from Linda at The Quilted Pineapple. She is doing her quilt with a primitive flair that Sue, Melanie, and I all really like.

The original plan was to use our scraps, but I have a couple Moda bundles that need to be tapped into. Ella's Linen Closet features dark fabrics, and Faded Memories has lighter and more springy colors. I'm leaning toward Faded Memories. The goal is to complete one block each month. I'm definitely up to the challenge. I have several projects in the works in my sewing room, but the idea of doing this quilt with these two friends was too tempting; and I couldn't resist. Linda's quilt (like everything else I've seen on her blog) would look great with the farmhouse country style I'm trying to decorate with. I hope my quilt will look as nice as hers.

We'll be posting about our progress and showing pictures of our finished blocks. Would you like to join us? There's always room for one more blog buddy!

5 comments:

Linda said...

Wow! Thanks Mary! You are far too sweet! I'm so excited to see your, Sue and Melanie's progress! You are going to have so much fun making that quilt!

Carrie P. said...

I hear Sue has her block done. Can't wait to see what fabrics you all be using.
I just did a post that shows some blocks from a group I am in at this time.
Have fun.

Anonymous said...

Just catching up with you, Mary...I've missed you lately. When the old computer crashed, I had to hustle to get things back in order! Good to see you again, and looks like you have a stack of fun projects! Get some pictures up...would love to see them. Happy Spring (almost)! :)

Siobhán said...

How fun! I can't wait to see your blocks!

Donna said...

I have this book too and have been following Linda's progress! Now I can follow all of you as you make it and maybe one day I will get around to making me one!
Hugs,
Donna