Followers

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Cookies and candles


The dust has settled around here after a crazy weekend, and things are getting back to normal. Here's an old recipe for cookies that I've had since just after we got married. Now that I wrote that sentence, I realize we have an anniversary coming up next week; where has the time gone!! Anyway, this is one cookie that I liked to make to show off my beginning talent in the kitchen. It always went over well, and that was an encouragement when I was learning to cook and bake.

BOUTONNIERES
2 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
3/4 teaspoons salt
1 1/2 cups brown sugar
1 cup butter, softened
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cups oatmeal (I used quick oats then, but I prefer rolled oats now)
1 cup chopped walnuts
1 cup coconut

Sift flour, baking powder, salt. Cream brown sugar and butter together. Add the egg and vanilla. Mix in dry ingredients. Stir in oatmeal, walnuts, and coconut. Bake on greased sheets 12 to 15 minutes at 350°.


Check out Crow's Creek Primitives; she's giving away some really cute candles!

4 comments:

Farming On Faith said...

Thanks for sharing your time tested recipe.I will try them.
Have a wonderful day!
Carrie

At Home With Amy said...

I love your new layout of your blog Mary. Thanks for the info on the candles. I'll hope on over there now.
Blessings,
AMY

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

Hi Mary--what time did you say you would drop by with a plate of those baked cookies???? I used to bake alot, but lately I don't do much--only me to eat it and I really don't need it--sooo--just don't take my dark chocolate away--!!! have a great day--hugs, just, Di

Mandi @ Sweetly Home said...

Sounds like I need to make some of those cookies. Thanks for the heads up on the giveaway!