Followers

Friday, March 27, 2009

Happy Friday!



TGIF. Work has been extremely stressful lately. After humming along at a good pace for quite a while, the economic nose dive has hit us. Our assembly plant workers were cut to a four-day work week, and now it is being considered to furlough the workers for a few weeks on and off so that they will be able to collect unemployment while maintaining the company health insurance. And then rumors are flying in the building where I work. So I just hope and pray that I will continue to have the job that I love. And the guy who said that layoffs were not in the owners' vocabulary? He was one of the first to go. So sad.

So basically this year has been stressful on several counts. I can't seem to stick with any quilting or sewing for any length of time. But we are doing well in our house and find that God is faithful. I'm glad that there is a Rock that is higher than I.

Tomorrow Audrey and I and hopefully Melissa will take a road trip to a cross stitch store. There are a few thrift shops on the way that we want to check out. We always seem to have a lot of fun together.

I'll get back to sewing and posting pictures once I get new batteries for the camera. My friend NancyF sent me a Miss Rosie pattern for tuffets, and I've made a few of those.

I need one color of floss for a project I've just about completed. I know I have that color somewhere around here, and it'll turn up after I bought the replacement.

Hope things are going well for you.

3 comments:

Melanie said...

Sounds like AA Block of the month project would suit you well right now. Just a little sewing-- no big project. I k now what it is like Have distractions. I use to work at a company that everyone hated fridays because they lived in fear their number was "up". The only good thing about these economic times is that I think it makes everyone count their blessings and realize what REALLY matters. It is so hard sometimes letting God take over the driving...isn't it?

Mandi @ Sweetly Home said...

I just learned a great phrase that goes "keep calm and carry on". I will keep you in my prayers ... I always do...but will say a few extras. I love you. Enjoy your trip tomorrow!!! I bet you'll have a blast. Buy yourself something nice.

Barb said...

I understand Mary, just try the little projects, it will help you to be achieving even simple projects. I tend to think that there are time that a reminder to allow God to be in charge is what it is about, and right now ALL OF US need to focus on God and all the good he has put into our lives. During the tough times, God understands that we are doubting and questioning...I try to remember this is meant to "keep us humble"! Prayers for you Mary, enjoy you day tomorrow, laugh often!