Followers

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Those God Moments

Sometimes life seems to come at us in ways that we don't expect and don't want. The past few weeks I've seen so much sadness in the form of health issues with people I love so much. But then there are those God moments that help see us through.

My mom's health has been upsetting these past few years, and now she's going through another decline. My friends in my quilt group have been one of those God moments by helping donate wheelchair quilts to the nursing home she lives in. These quilts were done by Betsy and NancyZ.


A favorite niece is undergoing chemotherapy for Hodgkin's, and again my quilt group was there for her with one of the charity quilts that is stockpiled and handed out when there is a need.






Sue surprised me with this wonderful quilt book. Neither of us knew that the day I opened the package there would be an upsetting health issue with someone so close to me. This book and her emails of encouragement were just what I needed and at the right time.



Melanie blessed me with a beautiful card and words of encouragement right at the same time I found out about a family member who needs chemotherapy and radiation treatments. How could Sue and Melanie have known? It's another couple of God moments.

I treasure this quilt that Sue, Melanie, and I have building together. All our quilts have memories sewn into them, and this quilt made by three friends who have never met will always be one of my favorites.




So my family is taking one day at a time encouraging each other the best way that we can. And we'll all get through these days with scars on our hearts and a deeper appreciation of each other and the good things we have. Squeeze those people you love but tick you off; and overlook their messes, the mistakes that are made, and whatever they do that someday you won't even remember. Purposely be that God moment for someone; you won't regret it.

9 comments:

Linda Stubbs said...

Wow Mary..........you are the most precious sweet lady! God never wastes anything does He........even our suffering! I loved your post! You go Girl keep preaching the Good NEWS!

Hugs from me!

Melanie said...

Right back at ya---- I'm so thankful to have you for a friend....OK-- doesn't that book rock?!?
God has his hands around you....You're going to make it through this....

Angela {fussycut} said...

I've been thinking about you lately! It has been awhile. I'll be praying foe the people you mentioned.

Christine said...

Mary, though I can't be present to give you a hug I can lift you up in prayer and pray for you and your loved ones to know the Lord's hand upon you.
You have given me courage to just love others!

Lorri said...

I know that God is in the details of our life. Every moment is planned by him. You are an amazing woman and are so blessed to have such fabulous friends. I love the idea of making lap quilts for the nursing home!

Angie Berry ~ Berry Homespun Primitives said...

Ah Mary, I am so sorry dear! I will be lifting you and your family up in prayer. Thankfully, God is blessing you with these sweet moments that you need. Isn't it wonderful that He knows what we need when we need it?! I just love that about Him! You are so right, we need to treasure what we do have, yes... even the ones that tick us off. Hug 'em all tight!

Donna said...

God loves us all so much and is the greatest thing knowing he is always there for us! So sorry about all the illnesses. The quilts will be loved and appreciated by those you need them.
Big Hugs,
Donna

Anneke said...

As christians we have thanksgivingday today: the first Wednesday of November. It's so good to pay attention of all God is giving us.

You described the God moments perfectly.

Siobhán said...

(((((((((((((((((Mary))))))))))))))) I'm so sorry for the health troubles so many close to you are facing. I know how hard it is to watch and 'only' pray, but I know that prayer is powerful. I will be praying for them, too. I'm so glad that you have such caring friends to help you. xox