Followers

Sunday, February 6, 2011

Just a little something I made

Not much to post about lately. I've been picking away at projects but not finishing anything. Yesterday I did manage to sew up this little table topper.

Our quilt group is having a spring retreat, and we have a challenge of making a project using only fabrics from our stash. A couple years ago I started a red and white quilt using only stash fabrics; this may be the project I finish up for the retreat.

I still have some fabrics from my mom's stash, and I'm thinking of making a miniature basket or 9-patch quilt for myself. Like I should start another project!! Anyway, I made quilts for her six grandchildren plus one for myself. I'd like to use up the rest of her fabrics for one last quilt. So we'll see if this is my stash project or if I'll go with the red and white quilt.

Now how did that get in there?!! The men are riding the snowmobiles today, and Jenny and I are cooking and getting ready for the big game. I am not a big football fan, but it's easy to get caught up in the Steeler fever. Personally, I hope the commercials are good :D

9 comments:

nono said...

I love the table runner. I'm looking forward to the Good Superbowl commercials too!

Susan said...

I love the runner...I had planned on making one like it too, but I'm afraid that I'm running out of time. Maybe for next Valentine's Day.

I'll be watching the game and cheering for the home team too, but really it's just a good excuse to sit on the sofa and knit for a few hours! ;o)

Cheryl said...

I love the table runner. Looking forward to the game, I'm a Wisconsin girl so will be rooting for the Packers:o) I do like the commercials also. Have a great day!

At Home With Amy said...

I love the table runner Mary. It will look so nice for Valentines decorating.
GO STEELERS!!!
Hugs,
AMY

Christine said...

What a pretty Valentine's table runner Mary!
Re. your question on my sampler heart pic yes it was one of my own designs for Valentine's Day.
Thanks so much for following and taking an interest!
Best wishes
Christine

Anneke said...

every now and then we hear/heard about the great superbowlevent. we follow the US in lots of things, but not here...
love the tabletopper, I admire everyone who is finishing stuff...

Dolores said...

A quilt group spring retreat sounds like so much fun!

I love your table runner...... sewing down the stash sounds like an excellent and fun idea...

Karen Sue said...

oh dear..i lost my comment. I did a red & white school house quilt with my teacher's names pencilled in the sashing and want to embroider them in before layering it and quilting it. Maybe this summer, right?? out of school 30 years last summer. I've had that top a LONG time since we taught Eleanor Burns at Neckers Co...

Mrs. Doug said...

You do such nice work and so many things.

I will certainly be glad to get back into my sewing room. It's been a looooong 5 years since I had my own space for sewing/quilting. I have found the boxes with my sewing projects, but they are just sitting there awaiting a space. I do have a little bit of space to do small projects, bags and such. I got materials the other day to make a quilted vest, but my sewing room is not heated so I must wait for a warmer day (not
-14 like today). I have a little space heater and did use that in at Christmas so I could work on some gifts, but would rather not run the electric bill up. OK, enough crabbing... I am excited to be able to plan my sewing room and it will be nice when finished.

I love the little heart table topper. Did you have a pattern or did you just make it up as you went? I have some red and white scraps that I'd like to use this way. So cute. And the embroidered blocks, did you use a pattern for those or just draw your own? I have some red work pieces that I have done and would like to put them together in a little quilt some day. I also have a "maple leaf" quilt that I started years ago. I bought a "hollofill" batting to go in it. It's high loft, so probably will be tied, but will be so nice and warm.

Thank you for sharing a little inspiration.