Followers

Monday, November 29, 2010

Christmas ornaments

The staff at the nursing home my mom lives in goes out of its way to make any event festive for the residents. If there isn't a holiday coming up, they have tons of other ideas for activities to try to make life more pleasant for their special guests.

This year, they have asked the families to buy or make a Christmas ornament and hang it on the tree in the activity room. Because my mom excelled at celebrating Christ's birth, I knew this was something she would expect me to help with. I stitched these ornaments a couple years ago, and this afternoon I plan to drop them off before I visit her.

Do you remember seeing this on the blogs a couple years ago? I finally got the binding on mine. And while my picture-taking skills aren't what I wish they were, it did turn out really cute; and I hope to hang this in her room.

13 comments:

Linda said...

The nursing home where your mother lives sounds very thoughtful. I'm sure your mom will love your ornaments! Your quilt sure is cute. I love it!

At Home With Amy said...

Mary your mother will just love her ornaments and quilt hanging. You did a fabulous job on both.
I wish your mother a wonderful and blessed Christmas.
Hugs,
AMY

Farming On Faith said...

I love the ornaments.
You have a wonderful week!

Christine said...

The ornaments are lovely as is your finished quilt. Perfect for the season!
Thanks so much for telling me all about your Thanksgiving traditions. It's good to think so many are generous and thoughtful.
Blessings
Christine

Dolores said...

The quilt and ornaments are lovely! Your mother should be delighted!

Angie Berry ~ Berry Homespun Primitives said...

That's wonderful that the nursing home wants to keep them busy and happy. That's usually not the case. The ornaments will be a great addition to the tree, they are so cute. The wall hanging is beautiful and will look great in her room!

Mandi @ Sweetly Home said...

Give her a kiss for me. She really did have such a way with making Christmas special...just like you.

Linda said...

our Mother will love the decorations for her room...it's so nice that the home thinks about asking for decorations...so many don't!

Barb said...

Very special Mary, you are a very loving daughter and a blessing for many! I don't know your Mom but it sounds like she has wonderful care. The ornaments and wall hanging are a sweet addition for the holiday decorations!

Melanie said...

I love the stitchery quilt. I did the pieces but did not put them into a quilt. Love the colors.... They were fun to stitch. Sometimes you need things that aren't so hard.

Cora said...

All of your creations are beautiful!...as always! Your Mom's room will be perfect for Christmas!

Angela {fussycut} said...

Everything is just beautiful. I'm sure your mom will love them. :)

Karen Sue said...

Mary-
Very nice wall hanging. Festive for Christmas, but meaningful at any time...
And great ornaments...do you make them for your tree also?? Still debating the real vs artificial for this year.... so no tree yet!!