Followers

Sunday, October 10, 2010

A baby quilt

Annually our quilt group gives baby quilts to unwed mothers living in a group home. This project is always a struggle for me because I don't usually buy novelty or bright fabrics.

After seeing some of Angela's quilts, I was more interested in the project this year. I had thought about doing a more elaborate quilt, but part of the reason I struggle with this project is because my sewing time seems to be so limited. What's quicker than a simple 9-patch?

11 comments:

Pokey said...

Very cute. Very simple. Very DONE! And for a needed ministry too, what could be better?
:-}pokey

Cheryl said...

What a blessing this must be to the mothers. Very pretty quilt. Enjoy seeing your quilts. Need to get busy on some of my unfinished projects.

Angela said...

Very pretty! And that is such a wonderful ministry to be involved with.

Donna said...

What a wonderful thing to do for the mothers. I love a simple 9 patch!
Hugs,
Donna

Sewn With Grace said...

Such a cute quilt! I love the nine-patch block, it is my favorite!

Audrey said...

Cute, cute! Wow - you got that done in a jiffy!

At Home With Amy said...

What a lucky little baby to be wrapped in such a wonderful quilt Mary. I admire all you do and may you be richely blessed for your giving.
Hugs,
AMY

Barb said...

That quilt is adorable, and for a very good purpose! It maybe is not your favorite but you did a wonderful job none the less. Giving with a generous heart ♥ is what you are about Mary! Blessings coming your way, from my part of PA!

Sara said...

I love that quilt - it is so pretty. Those gals are lucky to have your quilt group to make such lovely quilts for them!

{Bellamere Cottage} said...

What a wonderful thing to do... I am sure these new moms love their quilts. Yours is sooo pretty.

Warm blessings,
Spencer

Katy~The Country Blossom said...

This is just beautiful! :)

I hope to quilt, one day!!! You do a beautiful job with yours!