Followers

Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day!


One blog I enjoy reading is Four Relucant Entertainers. She had a beautiful post on Friday about her mother's hands. And this is the comment I left for her:

My mom lives in a nursing home with late third stage Alzheimers; she doesn't know me. Often when I sit with her, I look at her hands (or the hands of other residents), and I think of the babies they held, the meals they prepared, or whatever and how they are totally there for the receiving now instead of the giving.

Thanks for reading my blog and sharing your comments. I hope the work of your hands will return blessings to you today. Today as you honor your mom or the memory of your mom, I hope you have a beautiful day.

2 comments:

MARCIE said...

Very sweet post, I enjoyed reading it. I came here from Mel's blog.

Mandi @ Sweetly Home said...

I love you so much. You are such a wonderful mother. I am blessed to have you. I hope you have a great day today. You would make grandma proud. I love you. Happy Mother's Day!!