Followers

Thursday, March 19, 2009

National Quilt Day


Saturday is National Quilt Day; and while it's not a holiday where the post office doesn't deliver the mail or we take the day off from work, I always plan to spend some time working on my quilts. And usually things don't go as I planned. This year I will put something for supper in the crockpot before I leave to watch Natalie. When I get home, I'm hoping to spend the rest of the day sewing. My friend NancyF sent me Miss Rosie's pattern for tuffets, and I've already made three of the patterns. I also hope to finish making some maple leaf blocks for a fall quilt. And in the evening when we usually watch some TV, I hope to be at the dining room table quilting my homespun applique quilt. Now let's see if I can at least get one of those things accomplished.

2 comments:

Mandi @ Sweetly Home said...

Have fun quilting, Mom! Sounds like a good day to me. Enjoy it!

Karen from Sew Many Ways... said...

Hi,
Just wanted to stop by and say thanks for the comment on the Tool Time Tuesday post. Also wanted to say thanks for reminding me about National Quilt Day. We have a small trip planned, but I'll bring hand sewing with me.
Have a great weekend,
~Karen~