Followers

Saturday, January 31, 2009

It's Super Bowl weekend; and when you live a couple hours from Pittsburgh - well, you can only imagine what it's like here. Yesterday was casual dress day at work, and a lot of people were wearing Steelers jerseys. This one found it's way into our house earlier this week; it's my husband's.



In the grocery store yesterday, I saw lots of treats iced with bright yellow frosting trimmed in black. The newspapers have printed several recipes to serve on game day. I want to try this one that I found here holiday/bacon/appetizers - what's not to love about that! We're expecting Randy and Jenny and hopefully Julie, Travis, and Natalie.

And to make the day even more exciting, I'm stitching with Audrey and Melissa and possibly the ever-elusive Julie. I hope to have pictures tomorrow.

5 comments:

Mandi @ Sweetly Home said...

I saw photos from Allison Park churches Super Bowl Steelers party. Everyone - families and babies included - were dressed in their black and gold. It was so funny. I wish I was going to be able to watch the game but am teaching a scrapbooking class for teh girls at our church on Sunday night. Should only last until eight though. Have fun this weekend!! Here we go Steelers, here we go!

P.S. Shane is rooting for the Cards and says that if they win he can't wait to rub it in Dad's face. :)

Mary @ Neat and Tidy said...

Tell Shane he will have a long wait; the Steelers are going to win!!!

Jennifer said...

Too funny! We'll have to take a group shot on Sunday when we are all dressed in our black and gold. You better get out there and get yourself a shirt.

Unknown said...

The stitchin' will be the best part of the day for me! I will be looking for some show and tell!

Mandi @ Sweetly Home said...

I wore a black and yellow dress to church today with yellow shoes. I'm supportin'!